7 Best Dog Foods For Chiweenies
Chiweenies don’t just look distinctive in size, they benefit from nutrition that supports their unique needs. Feeding your Chiweenie healthy dog food is an obvious choice when considering your pet’s wellbeing.
Top 5 Best Dog Foods of 2021 for Chiweenies
We are here to facilitate you in selecting the best dog food for your Chiweenies. We have considered features like quality, flavor, life stage, ingredients, and other buying considerations.
Here are the top 7 best dog foods of 2021 for Chiweenies.
Hill’s Science Diet Perfect Weight Dry Dog Food is a convenient way to keep your Chiweenie at a healthy weight. It offers the easiest and quickest way for your dog to lose weight.
This dog food is formulated with protein from real chicken to support lean muscle maintenance. Your dog will definitely love the way every bite tastes.
- Brand: Hill’s Science Diet
- Flavor: chicken
- Item form: dry
- Extra small kibble size
- Lean muscle support
- Made with natural ingredients
- Includes vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
- Made in the USA
- Helps to maintain a long-lasting healthy weight
- Offers lean muscle support
- Hill’s products have been recalled many times
Pedigree Complete Nutrition Dry Dog Food provides antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. The formula is enriched with omega-6 fatty acid and zinc to help nourish skin and coat. It helps your Chiweenie reach its full potential.
The dog food formula ensures that your Chiweenie receives the natural nutrition he needs. It is supplemented with whole grains, protein, and accents of vegetables to help support digestion. It helps minimize food sensitivities and makes digestion easier.
- Brand: Pedigree
- Flavor: Roasted chicken, rice, and vegetable
- Item Form: Dry
- No added sugar or artificial flavor
- 100% complete and balanced
- Delicious flavor
- Supports good digestion
- Nutritionally complete and balanced
- Contributes to a healthy and shiny coat
- Small pieces for small mouths
- It is corn-based kibble
Hill’s Prescription Diet is specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and vets to cater to the nutritional needs of your Chiweenie. The formula has an optimal balance of fibers that helps improve your Chiweenie’s digestive health.
Hill’s prescription diet dry dog food is ideal for sensitive stomachs and helps settle digestive upsets in Chiweenies. The natural and delicious ingredients provide a guaranteed great taste for your Chiweenies.
The dog food has high levels of electrolytes and B vitamins. They help replace lost nutrients from an upset stomach.
- Brand: Hill’s Prescription Diet
- Flavor: Chicken
- Item Form: Pellets
- Complete and powerful nutrition
- Smaller kibble
- Includes high levels of electrolytes & B vitamins
- Irresistible taste
- Helps promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut
- Supports your Chiweenie’s digestive health
- It is not grain-free
Canidae Dry Dog Food provides a well-balanced and nutritious food for Chiweenies. It is formulated with 8 key ingredients for Chiweenies with sensitive tummies. It contains omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids to boost beautiful skin and coat.
Canidae Dry Dog Food helps support strong muscles and gives your Chiweenie a healthy lifestyle. The formula contains antioxidants and probiotics to help support your Chiweenie’s immune system and digestive health.
- Brand: Canidae
- Flavor: chicken
- Item Form: Dry
- 8 key ingredients with real chicken as no. 1 ingredient
- Contains omega-6 and -3 fatty acids
- Small kibble size
- Promote healthy skin and a lustrous coat
- Supports healthy digestive system
- Perfect for Chiweenies with food sensitivities
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Some buyers have mentioned that they received damaged dog food bags
Purina Pro Plan features bite-sized kibble that’s nutrient-dense to meet your Chiweenie’s needs. This antioxidant-rich recipe nourishes and strengthens your Chiweenie’s immune system. This formula is high in protein, including chicken as the first ingredient.
Purina Pro Plan helps to meet your Chiweenie’s metabolic needs and helps him maintain strong muscles. It also helps defend your fur buddy against free radicals.
- Brand: Purina Pro Plan
- Flavor: Chicken
- Item Form: Dry
- Bite-sized kibble
- Includes calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals
- Guaranteed live probiotics
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Dogs like the taste of this dog food
- Contains multiple protein sources
- Helps maintain strong bones and teeth
- Bite-sized kibble makes chewing easier
- Good for digestive and immune health
- Some buyers have reported that this food caused an allergic reaction
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain dry dog food is intended for Chiweenies with an active life. It is made with the finest natural ingredients and enhanced with vitamins and minerals. Dog food helps to maintain a healthy body and strong immune system.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness dog food is formulated with balanced protein to fuel your Chiweenie’s active lifestyle. The protein-rich formula is enhanced with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. The recipe is grain-free and does not use wheat, soy, or corn.
- Brand: Blue Buffalo
- Flavor: Red Meat, Chicken-Free
- Wheat Free, Soy Free, grain-free
- Includes vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients
- Antioxidant-rich lifesource bits
- Supports immune system health
- Maintains a healthy oxidative balance
- Helps in healthy muscle development
- Gives energy for an active lifestyle
- Helps to maintain strong bones and teeth
Kibbles ‘n Bits dog food offers high-quality protein and wholesome nutrition for your Chiweenie. This formula packs plenty of meaty flavor and nourishment into small-sized kibble.
The formula contains high-quality protein plus vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for a complete and balanced diet for Chiweenies. Your furry pal will have a healthier and shiny coat, an improved immune system, and healthier digestion.
- Brand: Kibbles ‘n Bits
- Savory beef and chicken flavor
- Mini-sized pieces
- 100% complete and balanced nutrition
- Made in the USA
- Easy chewing
- Helps support strong muscles
- Covers all the nutritional bases for your Chiweenie
- May cause diarrhea in some pups
Choosing dog food for Chiweenies
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when selecting dog food for your Chiweenies.
- Choose dog food with meat as the first ingredient. Meat can include both organ and muscle meat. Always ensure that the first ingredient is not a grain, fruit, or vegetable.
- Avoid foods that contain meat by-products including hair, horns, teeth, or hooves.
- The AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) has developed profiles for dog and puppy nutrition. They recommend using high-quality ingredients in a Chiweenie’s diet. The dog food should meet or exceed AAFCO guidelines.
- Avoid dog foods that contain excess amounts of preservatives, chemicals, artificial flavors, and colors.
- Avoid dog foods with high amounts of fillers like wheat, corn, and soy.
- Chiweenie’s food requirements vary with the dog’s genetics, breed, age, gender, lifestyle, and activity level. Feed the right amount of food to your Chiweenie.
- Ensure that your dog remains at a healthy weight.
- It is always better to ask your vet for a dietary recommendation. If you have any questions not answered by the packaging, definitely contact your vet.
Pet parent tip: Clean and fresh water should be available to Chiweenies, whatever type of dog food they eat.
Best Chiweenie Dog Food – Buying Guide
Finding the ideal dog food for your Chiweenie is very challenging. Here are some buying considerations when looking for the best dog food for your Chiweenie.
Different dog foods are available that cater to different ages. Always ensure that your Chiweenie’s dog food should be age-appropriate for your furry friend. Chiweenie’s dietary needs have special demands to support healthy growth and good digestive health. Dog food for senior Chiweenies aims to support healthy coats and support joints.
It is vital to look for dog food flavors. Some Chiweenies are picky eaters and may get tired of eating the same food over and over again. Chiweenies are more inclined towards savory flavors such as chicken, lamb, beef, salmon, etc. Chiweenies generally like meat-flavored dog foods.
Look for a dog food brand that has marked ingredients.
- Protein: Chiweenies are primarily meat-eaters and thrive on nutrients provided by animal flesh and organ meat. When buying dog food, you should aim for at least 30% animal protein. You must ensure that protein should not come from animal by-products. Look for foods with specific proteins listed, such as beef, lamb, or chicken.
- Carbohydrates: The digestive system of Chiweenies are not designed to digest grains and high carbohydrate diets. So, look for dog food that has a carbohydrate content of 10% or less.
- Vitamins and minerals: Chiweenies need enough vitamins and minerals for healthy growth and optimal function. Look for dog food that contains vitamins and minerals from premium and wholesome fruits and veggies.
- Artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives: Look for a dog food that is free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. They have negative consequences on your Chiweenie’s health.
As a caring Chiweenie owner, you must be concerned about which food contributes to the overall health of your dog. If you want your Chiweenie to be healthy, it is essential to feed him properly. High-quality and healthy dog food can save you from a lot of stress in the long run. Your Chiweenies deserve only the best!